Anything done with premeditation and care is greater (better or worse) than anything done accidentally or out of necessity.
- Premeditated murder is greater (worse) than murder done by accident or out of necessity.
- Random acts of kindness are greater (better) than premeditated acts of kindness.
What is scarcer is preferable to what is more abundant if value is the issue.
- Fresh water is preferable to salt water.
- Sick people are more preferable to doctors than healthy people.
People prefer newer things to older things.
- Smart phones are more preferable than a landline.
- Nostalgic items are more preferable to newer items. (better because older? scarcer? more expensive?
- Primary sources are more preferable than secondary sources. (not necessarily copies)
Original is preferable to a copy.
- Primary sources are more preferable than secondary sources.
- Mutation strand of disease is more preferable than original disease for vaccinations. (conditions ok? not general anymore?)
A preference for fine things is better than a preference for common or cheap things.
- Sit down restaurant is better than fast food.
….Fast food is better than sit down restaurant (The immediate is preferable to the delayed.)