Non-verbal communication-body language
- People make sweeping judgments based on body language
- We are affected by our own body language
- We tend to do the opposite of someone’s body language, not mirror them
- Gender affects body language (women chronically feel less powerful than men)?
- Do our non-verbals govern how we think and feel about ourselves?
- Has the audience participate right away, makes the argument about us (personal)
- Uses relevant figures for visuals (considers the order just so there is no implication of a sequence)
- she considers her own body language
- “you” is intentional, names names–builds her ethos
- anecdotal evidence that shouldn’t be persuasive but is rhetorically
- barely any words used in her own presentation, mostly visuals and then her additional own statements
- she was just talking to us, knew what she was saying (Five Canons: Memory)